This simple salsa is an excellent accompaniment to almost any Mexican food. It’s great as an appetizer with tortilla chips, and leftovers can be tossed into the next day’s soup.
6 plum tomatoes
1 fresh hot pepper, more or less, depending on how hot the pepper is and how hot you like your food. Be careful; wash your hands right after you’ve worked with the pepper. It can be really painful if you rub your eyes after chopping hot pepper if you haven’t cleaned your hands!
1 handful of cilantro
1. Put the tomatoes in boiling, or almost boiling, water for a minute or two; peel the skins off them.
2. Chop the tomatoes medium and put in a bowl.
3. Chop the onion medium-fine and add to the tomatoes.
4. Chop the pepper very fine and add to the above.
5. Chop the cilantro coarsely and add to the above.
6. Add salt taste. Mix well.