This recipe came to us from Gerri Griswold, who got it from her friend Alison Kurberry.
You may want to make the filling first and let it cool while you move on to the crust.
For the filling:
1/2 of an Orange with the skin, coarsely ground (you can chop it up in the food processor)
4 Cups frozen Blueberries
12 oz. Cranberries
1 1/2 Cup sugar
3 Tbl Cornstarch
2 Tbl Butter
1. Mix the sugar and cornstarch together.
2. Put the orange, blueberries, cranberries and sugar-cornstarch mixture in a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil
3. Boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 400.
For the Crust:
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbl Sour Cream
2 Tbl ice Water
1 tsp Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
2 1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup chilled Butter
1/2 Cup chilled Shortening (I use Crisco)
1. Mix together the sour cream, water, sugar and salt.
2. Cut the butter and shortening into the flour until little pea-sized balls form.
3. Add the liquid to the flour and mix well.
4. Divide into two. Roll out one half and line a 9″ pie pan.
5. Pour cooled fruit into prepared pie pan. Cut the butter into little dabs and put on top.
6. Roll out top crust and put over the fruit. Cut vents and, if you wish, apply decorative cut-outs. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake in a 400 oven for 40-50 minutes, until the fruit begins to bubble out of the vents.